12 lasagna noodles cooked and cooled
4 cups cooked chicken
3 cups vegetables cooked and cooled
10 oz frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons parsley
4 cups mozzarella divided
2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
1/3 cup butter
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the sauce, melt butter, onion and garlic over medium low heat. Cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Combine milk and broth. Add a small amount at a time whisking to thicken. The mixture will become very thick, continue adding a little bit of liquid at a time whisking until smooth.
- Once all of the liquid has been added, stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in 1/3 cup parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, dried basil and oregano.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, parsley and spinach. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer 4 noodles, sauce, cooked vegetables and half of the chicken. Sprinkle with 1/2 mozza, 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, chicken, cottage cheese mixture, sauce. Top with noodles and sauce. Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover, top with cheese and bake 20-30 minutes more.
full read at here